Magical Girl Day / International Sailor Moon Day Houston has been and continues to be a niche event with a specialized attendee demographics. As such, our focus for our artists/vendor room is a bit different from your typical convention. Acceptance into the Magical Girl Day’s artists/vendor room is a juried process where applications are reviewed against several questions including but not limited to:
- will the artist have Magical Girl products that will be in line with the “mahou shouju” (魔法 少女) theme?
- is the artist in good standing with local events/community/conventions? (i.e. not blacklisted, etc.)
- will the artist “add” to the Magical Girl Day event in a positive way.
The following are the general guidelines for artists who wish to participate in Magical Girl Day 2020:
- There will be no reseller’s allowed for 2020 and for the foreseeable future. This is irrespective of whether the products in question are licensed or not. If the application shows that the artist primarily sells/exhibits items produced en masse, that application will automatically be rejected. Some examples of what may or may not be accepted:
- A print, doll, plushie, or any product that can be found in any number of vendor stalls in any given convention will count as a resell product and will NOT be accepted.
- A pin, charm, and/or apparel that features artwork that can be found on any other item (i.e. dvd cover, a folio, wall scroll, etc.) will NOT be accepted.
- An enamel pin or charm that may be made overseas, but is of the artist’s own work WILL be accepted.
- Apparel that may be produced overseas but has the artist’s own artwork WILL be accepted.
- Pieces of products that can be classified as resell but are used WITHIN the artist’s work will be accepted within reason.
- Accepted Artists will agree to exhibiting Magical Girl works. We firmly request that a minimum of 35% of all items presented or sold be of a Magical Girl theme. This can be in the form of fan art, inspired art, or related art.
- Artists will NOT be allowed to share/split their space with another artist.
- Artists will be required to submit a signed contract if they are accepted.
- Artists understand that the process for being accepted in the artists/vendor room for Magical Girl Day 2020 is done in a rolling/step by step process. Applications will be reviewed ONCE every 2-3 months.
This application process will be open until May 1, 2020. In the event our artist room becomes full before then, we will update this page. The first wave of acceptance will begin on November 1, 2019. To be considered for our artists/vendor room, please fill out the form below in its entirety. Incomplete forms will AUTOMATICALLY be rejected with NO NOTICE. We are NOT responsible for incomplete or inaccurate forms.